The Harrison/Crawford County Corn Growers Association will host an Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Candidate Forum on May 23 from 7-9 p.m. at the Boulders Conference Center at 2507 Boulder Drive in Denison, Iowa. This event will provide a special opportunity for a question and answer panel discussion with all six of the candidates vying for the Iowa Secretary of Agriculture position.
Those six candidates in alphabetical order include:
– Ray Gaesser, a farmer and former President of the American Soybean Association
– Tim Gannon a farmer, crop insurance agent and a former USDA official for Tom Vilsack
– Chad Ingels, a farmer and former Iowa State University Extension Watershed Specialist
– Craig Lang, a farmer and former President of the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation
– Mike Naig, current Iowa Secretary of Agriculture, formerly the Deputy Sec. of Agriculture
– Dan Zumbach, a farmer, and current Iowa State Senator
The discussion will be moderated by veteran Farm Broadcaster and former Iowa Corn District 4 Field Manager Bruce Gaarder. This candidate forum is free and open to the public. It will provide a unique opportunity for the citizens of West Central Iowa to hear from all six candidates in one location, helping them decide who to vote for in the upcoming primary on June 5 and ultimately the general election this coming November.
For more information contact Harrison/Crawford County Corn Growers Association President Larry Buss (712) 269-2989, firstname.lastname@example.org.